Registration for Inverness Youth Sailing Camp opens on January 15 at 7pm PST.
Session One: Monday, June 20 at 9:00 a.m. and ends on Friday, July 8th
Session Two: Tuesday, July 12 at 9:00 a.m. and ends on Friday, July 29th
Youth Sailing Regatta 07/24
INVERNESS YACHT CLUB YOUTH SAILING PROGRAM
INFORMATION AND REGISTRATION POLICY
The Youth Sailing Committee will implement the following Summer Camp Registration Policy
PLEASE NOTE: The IYC Covid policy as of November 13, 2021 applies to Youth Sailing program participants. All sailors must be vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination when registering for the Youth Sailing program.
1. Camp enrollment will occur in two distinct registration time frames: Returning Member Sailor Registration and Open Registration. Returning member sailors will be offered space in the program in the first 2 weeks of January. Following that all others can register on January 15 starting at 7pm.
2. Returning sailors of club member families (parents or grandparents) and their sibling(s) who register during with Returning Member Sailor Registration will be enrolled in the program, subject to space constraints. Criteria in order of preference which will be used to determine enrollment for applicants who register during the Returning Member Sailor Registration period are as follows:
a. Returning sailors of club member families (parents or grandparents) and their sibling(s). In the event there are more returning member sailors and siblings than space allows, preference will be given to applicants whose sponsoring Parent or relative has been a member for a longer duration. A returning sailor is a sailor who has participated in the program for at least one entire session in a prior year.
3. Applicants who register during the Open Registration will be prioritized using criteria defined below.
Criteria in order of preference which will be used to determine enrollment for applicants who register during the Open Registration period are as follows:
a. Returning sailors of club member families (parents or grandparents) and their sibling(s).
b. New sailors of club member families, prioritized by seniority of membership. A new member family must be a member in good standing at the time of registration in order to be able to qualify for members’ priority.
c. Returning non-member sailor. Preference will be given to previous participants of the IYC Youth Sailing program in order of length of participation.
d. New non-member sailor based on space availability.
4. Enrollment decisions are at the committee’s discretion to balance age and skill levels. Enrollment decisions will be emailed to applicants on February 11. Those who apply during Open Registration who are not enrolled due to space limitations will be put on the waiting list in the order as determined by the criteria above.
5. A complete online application and electronically signed Waiver form, as well as payment of fees, are required for registration to be considered complete.
6. Please note the following schedule for refunds of camp fees:
- withdrawal from camp by March 1 = full refund
- withdrawal from camp by April 1 = $600 refund
- withdrawal from camp by April 15 = $300 refund
- withdrawal from camp after May 1 = no refund
You can also reach the Youth Sailing Registrar Tor Taylor by calling (415) 497-9754 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.