This is your club. IYC requests that all members abide by the rules set forth below.
1. IYC facilities are available to members, their children, and invited guests only.
2. Members shall comply with the IYC Covid policy posted on the website Home page.
3. Members shall keep their lockers and boats in the yard in proper order. No gasoline, oils, open paint cans, rags, or other flammable materials are permitted in the building.
4. No property of the IYC shall be removed or loaned without the permission of the Board of Directors.
5. Members using the IYC facilities for boat repair and maintenance shall clean up the premises each day before leaving. All boats, sails, equipment, etc. are to be returned to storage or stalls at the end of each day. No boats, trailers, or equipment are to be left on the pier unattended.
6. Bicycles or other similar vehicles are not permitted beyond the parking lot area or on the pier at any time.
7. In accordance with established rules of good conduct, the Officer in Charge, the Caretaker, or the Summer Director is authorized to expel from the IYC premises any individual who is considered a disciplinary problem or is causing wanton damage to the IYC property or the property of its members.
8. All members are urged to observe common rules of safety and courtesy both on the IYC's property or on the water.
9. The IYC crash boats are to be used by authorized persons only, as approved by the Board of Directors.
10. Any suggestions or complaints concerning IYC activities, facilities, or employees shall be presented to the Commodore or the appropriate committee chair for action.
11. The club shall not be responsible for the loss or damage to property used or stored on the premises.
12. The use of the facilities is strictly at the user's risk. Please report any accidents to the Port Captain.
13. The Board of Directors and Junior Sailing Committee (if a junior is involved) will rule as to any penalties resulting from infractions of the established IYC Rules.
14. All pets and dogs shall be kept on a leash when on the Club's premises. Members are expected to clean up after their pets.
15. All children under 10 years old must wear an approved safety vest and appropriate clothing while on the dock and/or engaging in water activities.
16. Members are encouraged to use the boating facilities at any time (even when the ballroom is in use or rented).
17. IYC boats can be used by members after receiving prior authorization from the Board of Directors.
18. Members needing yard space for their boats must get prior approval from the Port Captain before moving the vessel into the yard.
12850 Sir Francis Drake Blvd (Box 186), Inverness, CA 94937